- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp All The Raj Curry Paste
- 250g spinach leaves
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1inch pieces or 12 charlotte/new potatoes if boiling
- 4 tomatoes chopped into quarters
- Handful of fenugreek (Methi) leaves
Nutritious spinach makes the base for this traditional, healthy Indian side dish, combined with potato and spices
Preparation and cooking time
Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
Vegetarian, Vegan, Low-fat
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan, and fry the potatoes until crisp and cooked (for a healthy option try using peeled small potatoes and boil them rather than frying) set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan, add 2 tablespoons of All The Raj curry paste and fry for about 2 minutes to release the flavour. Add the spinach to the pan and continue cooking and stirring for 5 mins more. Add a splash of water, cover, and cook for 8-10 mins.
- Add the Potatoes to the mixture and combine well. Garnish with some chopped fresh tomatoes and methi leaf. Take off the heat and serve.
TRY ADDING CHICK PEAS
Add a can of chick peas to this recipe and you have a veggie meal for two.